Paul A. Dirkse, Partner
Paul primarily works with individuals and small business owners in estate planning, probate/trust administration and real estate matters. He routinely meets with clients at different phases of life to prepare and update their wills, trusts and powers of attorney. Paul actively listens to learn each client’s unique circumstances, and to tailor a cost-effective plan to meet their desired goals. When the need arises, Paul represents family members charged with administering the estate of a loved one. He takes special care to ensure that estates are planned and resolved as efficiently and fairly as possible.
As part of the firm’s significant local government practice, Paul provides counsel for several municipalities in and around Sheboygan County. He provides guidance to elected and appointed officials on a wide variety of issues, including open meeting laws; public record requests; drafting, interpreting and enforcing land use regulations; and upholding zoning board decisions.
A former Assistant Corporation Counsel for Marathon County, Paul started with the firm in 2003 and has been a partner since 2010. Paul did his undergraduate work at Calvin College and graduated with honors from the University of Wisconsin Law School.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Estate Planning (Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney)
- Probate and Trust Estate Administration
- Real Estate Transactions
- Local Government and Land Use Issues
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
PROFFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Board Member, Love INC. of Sheboygan County
- Volunteer at Sheboygan’s Legal Aid Clinic
- Past Elder & Deacon, Calvin Christian Reformed Church
- Past School Board President, Sheboygan Christian School
- Rising Star, Law & Politics and Milwaukee Magazine, December, 2007
EDUCATION AND ADMISSIONS
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, with honors
- B.A., Calvin College
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Sheboygan County Bar Association
- U. S. District Courts of Wisconsin (Eastern & Western Districts)